The informational materials and forms listed below are intended to aid you in the building/remodel permit process.
New residents take a few minutes and browse through Neighborhood Page.
The City of Lake Helen Building Department accepts Volusia County Building Department Forms.
** The 7th Edition Florida Building Code became Effective Midnight December 31, 2020*
Permits can be delivered to City Hall (327 S. Lakeview Drive, Lake Helen)
Mailed to PO Box 39, Lake Helen, Florida 32744 Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring 2 complete sets of all forms and documents with you
(except energy forms – 3 sets required).
- Permit Fee Schedule (Volusia County) The City of Lake Helen utilizes Volusia County Permit Fee Schedule (per Resolution 2006-04)
- Fee Schedule – City of Lake Helen Development Related Fee Schedule
To ensure you have the correct information and required forms, always download them prior to beginning the permitting process.
Certificate of Appropriateness Applications:
- Certificate of Appropriateness Application – **Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) must be completed for New Construction, Re-Model, Fence, Shed, Pool, re-Roof when changing roof material example (from shingle to metal).
- Modification to Certificate of Appropriateness Application**
**Modification to Certificate of Appropriateness application must be completed when changes to the original Certificate of Appropriateness are requested.
- Certificate of Appropriateness Checklist:
Certificate of Appropriateness Checklist
|You can visit Volusia County Property Appraiser for additional searches.|
|Property Owner Bill of Rights|
Files are in PDF format. To view or print them you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download one for free – click Here for Adobe Reader.
Where: The city of Lake Helen, Florida. What: A page that has forms to apply for permits. Why: To help homeowners and builders remodel and build homes in the city of Lake Helen.